[Sidefx-houdini-list] sucking dust into a vortex, gas sim

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 04:12:16 EST 2013

Hey Girls ans Guys..

I am making a gas sim that sucks dust into a vortex and down a magical
hole. I have made a volume of vectors in sops that behaves its self
and sucks particles into the hole in an elegant way. When i use a gas
field vop that samples the sop vector field and adds it to the the
velocity it looks cool, the dust/ smoke just swerls around the centre
without crunching in as i need it to.  I believe the divergence is
keeping the gas from compressing or even exiting the sim.

If the answer is to change divergence, I have not tyred to mess with
divergence yet so i would appreciate pointers on how to tackle that.
any ideas would be appreciateed.

Robert.