[Sidefx-houdini-list] 3d Printing and Houdini

Bruno Pollet br1 at br1.org
Mon Jan 14 02:38:54 EST 2013

Hi Rob,

I already printed a few models generated in Houdini.  You basically just
export an obj file that can later on be converted to stl for printing.
I'm printing at home or from a Belgian shop, so I'm not sure which
format shapeways.com support but I have the feeling you'll be fine with
obj.
You have to take care of a few things.  You want to make sure your obj
is watertight else it could end up printing as thin wall instead of
solid object.  Then you have to worry about scale, but I think it can be
usually be adjusted after you upload your model to your printing service.

If you have more specific questions I'll be glad to answer (or at leasdt
try !).

Bruno