[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Apprentice to UDK

JUSTIN REEVES jreeves16 at msn.com
Thu Jan 10 08:50:21 EST 2013

Thanks guys this was the help i needed, i debated between the Unity and UDK but the tools are limited in the free version of Unity, and arent in UDK, and the lighting seemed better(lighting junkie) but I heard Unity was easier to use, scripting was easier to learn, and there was just more learning materials out there. I wish I could use Houdini just for the fact that i used it for 4 years, and a 3D package is a lot of learning, so i didnt want to learn another one, especially a inferior one. With all this in mind Ill probably try Blender and Unity.
You guys have been a huge help, and as for SideFX hope you get the game stuff squared away, seems it has been many years since H mentioned gaming with Houdini, but seems its not there still.

Justin Reeves