[Sidefx-houdini-list] render different volumes with takes or nodes ?

Szymon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:17:59 EST 2013

2013/1/9 Jordan Halsey <jordanhalsey at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Szymon Kapeniak
> <szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>  In my mind the Houdini paradigm is use the fewest nodes possible to
> accomplish the task but maybe in this case I am limiting myself
> somewhere...

as few as possible? Not exactly. Take a look inside Fur Object. It's a good
example of how using many seemingly spare nodes, makes sense in Houdini.
It's a good habit to separate processes (if it make sense considering
its complexity). Common idiom when dealing with imported geometry for
example is to make it happen in a single object, but merge its output to
another object for rendering. It's kind of visual OOP.

> **
> *Jordan Halsey**
> *
> maya | houdini | nuke | ae