[Sidefx-houdini-list] render different volumes with takes or nodes ?

Jordan Halsey jordanhalsey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:13:34 EST 2013

I am curious as to what is the benefit to the multiple mantra nodes
here...I have a scene with nine takes and one Mantra node. The one Mantra
node has all my render settings. When I change takes all I do change the
render paths and file names. I submit my render and get back my nine takes
just fine with one node. In each take the Mantra node acts like a reference
copy until I change a parameter which also allows me to adjust some
settings on a per take basis in one node.

If it is better to use multiple referenced Mantra nodes I would like to
know why.