[Sidefx-houdini-list] render different volumes with takes or nodes ?

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Wed Jan 9 11:00:25 EST 2013

On 09/01/2013 10:23 AM, Jordan Halsey wrote:
> i really think what they are saying is one mantra node to render different
> takes...this is how I do this kind of thing. Just have your one Mantra
> node, change to a take, and adjust settings. Move on to the next take,
> wash, rinse, repeat. Works great, my queuing software will recognize and
> queue all the takes automatically.

No, I really did mean to use different Mantra nodes. The drawback as
mentioned is that you probably want the other parameter settings to be
the same, which doing a reference copy helps. Then you remove the
reference on the "Render With Take" parameter and have them render using
the different takes.

The advantage of doing this is you just need to render 1 particular ROP
node and everything will take care of itself.

-Edward