[Sidefx-houdini-list] Stopping a For Each SOP

Nick Nimble nick at nicknimble.com
Fri Jan 4 12:34:13 EST 2013

Hi :-)

I'm having a for each sop that iterates over geometry. aka I it goes
over the same set of points an x number of times.
It happens that halfway trough the iterations 'there is noting left to
do' and I would like to exit/break from the loop. Very common in
scripting/programming, right?

I noticed the 'Stop Condition' parm on the for each node. Lovely when
you want to stop at a given iteration using the stamp expression. How
ever when you refer to anything that lives inside, like the number of
points in a group, it seems to dive into an endless loop.

My question is, is there a node that I can use inside a for each SOP to
'break' from the iterations?
Any suggestions are more than appreciated :-)

Nick, be Nimble
+31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble