[Sidefx-houdini-list] Transform Alembic /obj level geometry

Nick Nimble nick at nicknimble.com
Mon Dec 23 07:56:27 EST 2013

Hi!

I'm trying the Alembic exchange workflow in Houdini and so far I love
it. Nevertheless I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is missing
transform parameters when importing archives at object level that
contains a object hierarchy.

I completely understand the lack transform parameters when, in larger in
a studio environment, you use Alembic to import def animated geometry.
How ever, what is the approach when you get some model out of Maya
through Alembic that needs to be repositioned and/or animated? During
the modeling process most pivot points and orientations of groups have
been set, but currently it seems to me that all this is lost during the
Alembic exchange.

Looking forwards to your thoughts and hopefully a workaround.

Nick, be Nimble
+31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble