[Sidefx-houdini-list] insert mid HOUDINI_PATH

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 10:16:00 EDT 2013

So other than the short answer of "genraly don't do it ;)" ....

I need to insert a location mid HOUDINI_PATH and also use HSITE so that..

$HIP:$HIH:$HSITE:$HH becomes $HIP:/foo/bar:$HIH:$HSITE:$HH

so all in /foo/bar/hoidiniXX.yy always takes priority over all except $HIP
As, of so far easier said than done. $HSITE seems to be some kind of special variable (?)..

- If I set $HSITE, all works as expected without foo/bar

- however, if I attempt to insert it by explicitly setting HOUDINI_PATH utilizing variable expansion or explicitly in the shell before launch, as above... all work as expected EXCEPT $HSITE seems unuused (although I can grap the path via hython or windows-->shell or the launching shell and it is set and expanded correctly.

- and of course if I prepend the default '&', I end up with $HIP in HOUDINI_PATH 2xs -- also no god.

Any ideas?
-Dan

(|;-D>