[Sidefx-houdini-list] Lightmaps!

Dan Wills gdanzo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 00:11:54 EDT 2013

Hi Craig,
UV baking - a very useful feature, for sure! :D

If you want to uv-bake multi-bounce pbr you can use the 'Micropoly PBR'
rendering mode. As you say, specular/reflection can be a bit meaningless in
a uv bake so you might want to add the all_diffuse output variable or use a
shader that only shades the type(s) of light transport that you wish to
bake.

Btw, point clouds are another excellent way to cache illumination,
depending how you're intending to use the result.

Have a good one! :)
Dan