[Sidefx-houdini-list] sdf renders as isosurface

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Tue Apr 2 09:39:42 EDT 2013

If I open the VolumeNoiseIso example and replace the surface shader
"vopsurface1" in shopnet1/material1 by any surface shader that has a
standard illumination loop it's working. It's because the current shader
they provide is not meant to react to light but rather to show the normals.

You'll have to change also the code inside "vopcvex1" to include a
"Volume Sample From File" and "Volume Gradiant From File" to read your
SDF volume.

François