[Sidefx-houdini-list] Add Matrix MetaData via COPs

Miles Green miles.green at al.com.au
Sun Sep 16 21:16:38 EDT 2012

thanks all,
  I think I may have to use the extra AOV option/hack and submit and RFE
for the future..

it seems to me some extra functions for metadata should be added like
copying metadata from one image to another, as well as adding your own
custom tokens at write time

Miles

On 17/09/12 10:15, jon parker wrote:
> I don't think you can currently even add this data to EXR files, for
> no technical reason surely. I was going to send SESI a RFE to be able
> to save arbitrary metadata to image files that support it.  I think
> there are some default values that should be supported, like the
> camera matrix of course.
>
> You can, though, add metadata to EXRs without using C via the
> excellent OpenEXR Python libraries at
> http://www.excamera.com/sphinx/articles-openexr.html.  The simplest
> way is to run it as a post-render script.
>
> My own approach to this problem will probably be a combination of SOHO
> hooks that embed the information I need into the IFD, combined with a
> Mantra python filter that extracts the properties and then injects
> them into the EXR file that gets saved out.  I'm using this rather
> convoluted method in order to support an arbitrary number of cameras /
> image files rendered from one IFD file.
>
> HTH,
> Jon
>
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Miles Green<miles.green at al.com.au>  wrote:
>> Hi ,
>>   is it possible to add metadata (a matrix) to an image output via Cops?
>>
>> I've searched with no luck, it seems you can do it via properties nodes with
>> manta using the "|vm_saveoptions" but the COP/ROP file output only seems to
>> allow basic info like "artist" and "hostname" to be added, the metadata
>> needs to be written as texture token so that it can be read with teximport
>> vex function
>>
>> I'd settle for a post script command to add the metadata to the image its
>> that's possible too
>>
>> Miles

Miles Green
FX Lead

T: +61 2 9383 4800 (main)
T: +61 2 835 32378 (direct)
F: +61 2 9383 4801 (fax)

Animal Logic

*See our latest work at http://www.animallogic.com/work*

Please think of the environment before printing this email. This email
and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use
the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately
and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not
guarantee this email is error or virus free.