[Sidefx-houdini-list] Add Matrix MetaData via COPs

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:15:17 EDT 2012

I don't think you can currently even add this data to EXR files, for
no technical reason surely. I was going to send SESI a RFE to be able
to save arbitrary metadata to image files that support it.  I think
there are some default values that should be supported, like the
camera matrix of course.

You can, though, add metadata to EXRs without using C via the
excellent OpenEXR Python libraries at
http://www.excamera.com/sphinx/articles-openexr.html.  The simplest
way is to run it as a post-render script.

My own approach to this problem will probably be a combination of SOHO
hooks that embed the information I need into the IFD, combined with a
Mantra python filter that extracts the properties and then injects
them into the EXR file that gets saved out.  I'm using this rather
convoluted method in order to support an arbitrary number of cameras /
image files rendered from one IFD file.

HTH,
Jon