[Sidefx-houdini-list] isshadowray() and raytracing

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:06:39 EDT 2012

2012/9/5 Pablo Giménez <pablogipi at gmail.com>

> Hello all.
> I have a volume shader that uses isshadowray() to detect when the shading
> sampling is for shadows and then tint the shadows.
> Well it works nice when using Depth Sahdow Maps, but seems to be broken
> for raytaced shadows.
> Is this suppose  to be the normal behaviour?
> In this case, for raytracing how I can know if the rays are for sahdows
> calculations?

Well this is interesting.
shadowray() seems to be doing something when I ue just one environment
light, but if I try to use it for direct lighting only, I mean just having
and area or spot light with shadows set to Raytracing it doesn't work.
So I guess that for raytracing isshadowray() returns true for secondary
rays and false for primary rays and this is the reason because when using a
spot light I dont get any color on my shadows and for just indirect
lighting from an environment light I got it.

--
Un saludo
Best Regards