[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera model

John Coldrick john.coldrick at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 16:01:20 EST 2012

Just jumping in here - I think Colin's point is that you usually can't
track distorted plates.  Nothing saying you can't, ever, but that's the
first step assuming you're working with full filmback plates - undistort
the plate before tracking.  Additionally, pipeline aside, just the notion
of burning a distortion into a render seems like a bad idea to me in
general.  There's no way to perfectly 'undo' distortion if it's burned into
the lens.  Anyway, 2c, etc.

Hey Colin!

Cheers,

J.C.