[Sidefx-houdini-list] VOPSOP by ID

Nick Nimble nick at nicknimble.com
Fri Nov 30 06:22:08 EST 2012

Hi!

I'm working on a method to re-time aka interpolate particles. I would
like to use a vopsop and do this as a post process. The idea is to use
the point position of the neighboring frames and their velocities to
calculate an in-between position.

The problem is, a vopsop works by point numbers and not particles ID's
and since point-numbers change when a particle dies...

Any suggestions? I was thinking about the sort SOP, or something like
that. A method to match the point number by the particle ID. Still this
would result in missing point-numbers and I'm not sure if Houdini would
like that.

Nick, be Nimble
+31 622 4243 94 | www.nicknimble.com | www.facebook.com/nicknimble