[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera model

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:02:28 EST 2012

2012/11/28 Mark Elendt <mark at sidefx.com>

> Part way there.  The matrices are written as of 12.1.99
>

> http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&journal=default&view=FULL&logfile=ALL&icon=image&version=12.1&buildstart=&buildend=&perpage=20&search=
>
> Oh, we also send out the source to the EXR image driver now.
>  ($HH/public).  If people want to feed back some meta-data options, please
> let us know.

Just reading the email Jenny sent me a couple of weeks ago, seems that
displayWindow and dataWindow atributes in the EXR header are not editable
at the moment from Mantra.
So far owner, comments and caData are available.
Would be possible to add these options as render properties, editable from
the Mantra node, this way overscan info could be baked into the EXR header.
Thanks.

> On Wednesday Nov 28 at 08:50, Jordi Bares wrote:
> > I would love that, including the camera transform matrix please.
> >
> > Jb
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On 28 Nov 2012, at 00:32, Colin Doncaster <colin.doncaster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > > Sure!  I would assume it would be helpful if all of the camera
> parameters ended up in metadata stored in the output image - this fits well
> into the EXR camera info as it's meant to represent what exposure the data
> represents with a good reference point from where to adjust it.
> > >
> > > This would make a nice COP and/or MPlay addition where you can quickly
> adjust the values and round robin them back to the scene camera.
> > >
> > > Cheers

> their render and with the ever expanding electronic cameras configurations
> and codecs this simply may be impossible but it may be useful to get a
> metric for density of noise in the picture that we can feed into the comp.

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez