[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera model

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:30:30 EST 2012

2012/11/28 Jordi Bares <jordibares at gmail.com>

> I would love that, including the camera transform matrix please.

This should be possible from Houdini V12.1.99.
We submitted this RFE some weeks ago and this is what I got a week after
submiting it from SESI:

Side Effects Support Ticket: #8976

Hello Pablo,

In today's build, (Houdini 12.1.99), our developers have completed this RFE.

These are their changes:

IMG_File:
    - Add methods to get the worldToCamera, worldToNDC and cameraToNDC
transforms from the creation options.  These are probably only valid
during rendering from mantra.

IMG_OpenEXR:
    - Save the worldToCamera and worldToNDC transform matrices.
    - Save some other of the standard EXR attributes (and load as well):
	* owner
	* comments (along with the Houdini-centric "comment" field)
	* capDate

-----

Unfortunately I haven't had time to test it yet, too much shots to do :)
I believe others studios have been asked for this and is certainly
quite useful to store random info in the EXR headers.
I also found this Ptthon module which is great to work with EXR files in pipe:
http://excamera.com/articles/26/doc/intro.html#

Actually my workaround before SESI add this feature is to make a
general purpose  Python script to process EXR headers, and is what we
use at the moment.

> Jb
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 28 Nov 2012, at 00:32, Colin Doncaster <colin.doncaster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Sure!  I would assume it would be helpful if all of the camera
> parameters ended up in metadata stored in the output image - this fits well
> into the EXR camera info as it's meant to represent what exposure the data
> represents with a good reference point from where to adjust it.
> >
> > This would make a nice COP and/or MPlay addition where you can quickly
> adjust the values and round robin them back to the scene camera.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > On 2012-11-27, at 6:17 PM, Jordi Bares Dominguez <jordibares at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I don't imagine anyone aspiring to get noise simulation baked in their
> render and with the ever expanding electronic cameras configurations and
> codecs this simply may be impossible but it may be useful to get a metric
> for density of noise in the picture that we can feed into the comp.
> >>
> >> hope it makes sense
> >> jb

Un saludo
Best Regards