[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera model

Colin Doncaster colin.doncaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:04:14 EST 2012

Hi Jordi,

I understand the outcome of setting these parameters but what do you mean by "set your environment in the most correct way"?

Also, are referring to a camera shader ( or similar ) that provides more than a standard pin hole camera or are you just looking to balance the amount of light exposed against the film back based on the described settings?

This of course assumes that you're using energy conserving shaders and your shaders, textures, lights etc. are all being managed correctly also.

Lastly, would doing this in the renderer be the best place?  Ultimately I would assume you could reproduce a similar control over exposure in comp, and maybe a few new options to mplay to control the exposure based on iso, shutter speed and aperture?  Just some thoughts, to me having to re-render every time the ISO changes feels like a lot of work.

Cheers