[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera model

Javier Meroño javiermerono at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:16:34 EST 2012

Hi Jordi,

I´m not so sure this is the best path for a feature request. I think both bugs and RFEs are better submitted through this link on their website

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=768&Itemid=239

I do agree with you that a real camera model might be rather useful. It even keeps a coherence with the whole PBR philosophy, methinks...

...on the other hand, after a few years of Mantra experience, it´s pretty obvious this is radically different to the way most unbiased renders such as Maxwell work. It looks that by design they are probably trying to avoid lack of flexibility issues.
So, I´m not 100% sure a camera that changes the amount of perceived light is going to be something good for every Houdini user.

But I would support at least having that model as an option, though.

regards,

Javier Meroño