[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera model

Jordi Bares Dominguez jordibares at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:19:06 EST 2012

After a few months off the lists now I am back and wanted to start by requesting SideFX through this list an feature on the camera model.

Seems to me after exploring various options that the camera is not fully modelled and exposure controls are not there yet, meaning, I would like to deal with ISO speed, shutter speed and aperture and set my environment in the most correct possible way.

I have been using this with Mental Ray over the course of the last 4 years in various degrees and although at first may seem unnecessary in my experience brings a lot of value and would like to throw the idea to the community to discuss it and may be even have a workaround/method/trick to the system.

Actually looking at the implementation from Next Limit in Maxwell plugin for Houdini I am looking after something like that… I feel this should be part of the core package so there you go…

thanks in advance
jb