[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering SSS of millions of particles

Pablo García pablo.ciclopez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 14:36:37 EST 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to render an underwater ink effect. By the time I managed to
have a nice looking render using delayed load of millions of semi-opaque
particles as points and a simple shader made of an "Isotropic volume"
Lighting model VOP, but it lacks of subsurface scattering.
I tried generating a point cloud file with a few thousands of particles
instead of millions and using it in a Physical SSS VOP but it's not working
or maybe I don't know how to combine my shading VOPs or this is not a
valid approach.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Pablo.