[Sidefx-houdini-list] Take and Python ? -- FREE COMPLETE DOWNLOAD

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 17:19:37 EST 2012

For those who seemed to missed it a while ago I released for free download a full Take wrapper of hscript in Py and all related Take commands. It is modeled exactly after the objects, functions, args etc presented as "not implemented" in the documentation, there were  only a few commands that were not implemented as they are arbitrary and in no way could predictably match the "not implemented" anticipated implementation  ie XML export. There are a few small caveats, but there is a multipart post explanation in detail on how it came about,how it works, how to use it, caveats etc... along with thoroughly documneted scripts w/ docstrings. It is not production tested other than my own use at home, but has had a bit of downloads and nothing in the way of bug reports --yet...

The dowload is available on my blog www.eyevex.com as part of eyevexTools. BTW it really not that hard although a little tedious, I think the rough had taken me about 25-30 hrs -- took alot longer to write the blogs and make the scripts look pretty.  Please email me over at my site dan(at)dansportfolio.com or via the blog if there bugs etc.. and not this adress. I would also apreciate it if the library isnt reposted and instead send people to my blog as the traffic is a major benefit of giving away scripts. There some other parts of the download I think some might find useful too.

Happy CGing
-Dan S [eyevex]