[Sidefx-houdini-list] RiArchive per stamp object

Alan Warren bluemoonshine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:09:47 EST 2012

If I understand correctly, you can partition the geometry and save out
archives for each piece, and render them using point instancing. In order
for this to work, you need to make sure each archive's file name contains
the point number it's been stamped onto.

This setup (linked below) will get you a single rib, with each building as
a separate archive.  I'm sure it could be setup a bit smarter, but you
should get the general idea.

http://www.alan-warren.com/assetfiles/archive.tar.gz

HTH
-Alan