[Sidefx-houdini-list] RiArchive per stamp object

Mark Bolstad the.render.dude at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:23:55 EST 2012

I'm generating large procedural cities, and in the network I have a final
copy SOP that stamps a bunch of parameters to vary the buildings
appearance. When I use an ri_archive ROP, I get one
giant PointsGeneralPolygons for all the buildings in the scene in a single
file. What I'd like to have is a single file with each building as a
separate archive. I can do one file per archive but would prefer the other
solution because with the number of buildings I'm generating is going to
give the filesystem heartburn.

I can post the network if it would help.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark