[Sidefx-houdini-list] FAO ALL HOUDINI INSTRUCTORS - INTRODUCINGTHE CREATION DESK

Nick van Zutphen nvanzutphen at live.com
Sun Jul 29 15:08:51 EDT 2012

Hi Phil,

I agree, this might make more sense for someone new to Houdini.

How ever, I doubt if I ever going to switch to that view. Primarily because I work most of my time in the network editor/parameters. Since I'm right handed, it makes more sense to have the network on my right hand side. I even have a second monitor with just the network editor. This brings to mind that a big plus of your setup for novice users is that there is more space for the nodes to be displayed. Which I consider to be a good thing because thats where the magic happens :-).
I also have to admit that I hardly use the tree view, which I should. For some odd reason I tend to stick with the 'clicking my way up in the /obj/geometry path and find the node I'm looking for' instead of keeping my treeview tidy so I can jump around quick. I think its due to having complicated networks are a pain in tree view, unless you know the exact node by name.

Cheers,
Nick