[Sidefx-houdini-list] Artist interested in code

Stephen Tucker stucker at allegrodigital.com
Fri Jul 20 11:11:48 EDT 2012

I agree with mondi... it'd be best to determine what it is you actually
want to accomplish.

For what it's worth, if you're an artist, and not a TD, and you want a
better grasp of the software, I'd start with trying to build some shaders
using VOPS or VEX and then try translating that into a geometry context. Or
making use of CHOPS. You can accomplish *a lot* in Houdini without python.

If on the other hand you're trying to set-up pipeline tools that will do
stuff like mass renaming of nodes... then sure, python.

Cheers!

Stephen G. Tucker
http://www.allegrodigital.com