[Sidefx-houdini-list] Artist interested in code

Floyd Gillis floyd at afcg.com
Sat Jul 14 00:28:44 EDT 2012

Welcome Lawrence,

I came from a similar background many, many years ago.  Most tutorials
start you out manipulating strings or arrays of numbers, and just get
more boring from there.  It was tough at first, but what kept me going
was writing code that made "pictures".  Put a pixel on the screen, then
two pixels, then connect them to make a line, then move them to animate
the line, etc, etc.

I'm not saying you should start out this simple... but getting immediate
visual feedback from your code may be more rewarding and likely to keep
you interested and challenged enough to keep going.

Good luck... you'll be happy you took the plunge.

Floyd