[Sidefx-houdini-list] Artist interested in code

Alex Czetwertynski disciple1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:27:36 EDT 2012

Probably what you need to do first is understand how to "think" like a programmer.  For that reason courses like Udacity or others that give you a background in they why and how of programming in general could be useful, vs something that dives straight into the language itself.
In the end what you want to be able to do is to tackle problems in the right way.  When it comes to syntax etc...you can always use references etc...
In my limited experience, learning multiple languages can only be beneficial as you can see how a given thing is done in one language and then you can learn by translating it into another...

Alex