[Sidefx-houdini-list] Artist interested in code

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:21:17 EDT 2012

Coming from zero experience?  Python all the way.  A lot of 'real'
programmers will prototype things in Python first because it's easy to
test in, then port it to C(++) for speed when they are satisfied with
their algorithms.

You can code that way in Houdini, too.  Prototype a custom SOP in a
Python SOP, then re-make it with the HDK for speed.  Or a COP.  Good
stuff.