[Sidefx-houdini-list] particle birthing query

Spencer Lueders spencerlueders at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:38:51 EST 2012

Hey Phil,

One way to avoid using oversampling to get particles in between is to
create a timeshift SOP and set it to $F - 1, after that create a vector
attribute in SOPs and call it 'prevP' and assign the pt position ($TX, $TY,
$TZ).  Attribute Copy 'prevP' back onto your orig geo.

In pops, create a birth group, 'justborn', followed by a position POP.  In
the position pop, assign the 'justborn' group.  In the Postion parameter,
replace $TX, $TY, $TZ with fit01(rand($ID + 2426), $TX, poppointid($ID,
"prevP", 0)), fit01(rand($ID + 9856), $TY, poppointid($ID, "prevP", 1)),
fit01(rand($ID + 3526), $TZ, poppointid($ID, "prevP", 2))

This will randomly put the particle somewhere between the current frame of
the emitter and the previous frame of the emitter.

Hope this helps!

Spencer