[Sidefx-houdini-list] Add Sop

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Jan 11 01:39:09 EST 2012

One interesting thing I learned lately is to use the Add Sop to create
one primitive per unique attribute value. Example, you've got an object
that has been shattered with the Voronoi Fracture Sop that puts every
voronoi chunk with a unique "piece" attribute. Under the "Polygon" tab
and "By Group" tab and "Add" drop down menu set to "By Attribute", you
can tell your "piece" attribute name. That converts the geometry into a
a bunch of points sharing the same primitive number that matches the
piece attribute.

This way you can avoid many times using an inefficient For Each loop and
work with attribute promoting instead for the manipulation of attributes
per chunks.

François