[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT: Houdini 12 system

Christopher Stewart stonesoupdigital at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:23:38 EST 2012

Perhaps it's the workload difference (as mine tends to heavy), but I
prefer the Quadros, despite the cost.

I used two water-cooled & OC'd 2600K boxes on a recent project. One
with a Quadro 4000 and the other with a GTX 480. I found the former
box to be far faster interactively and a bit more stable. The display
also seemed "cleaner", especially in wireframe. This with Houdini and
range of other DCC apps.

None the less, I'd recommend the "game" cards to student or those with
lighter workloads too. They certainly do the trick.

----
Christopher Stewart
Vancouver, BC
3D | VFX | IT