[Sidefx-houdini-list] deforming fracture + RBD

Miles Green Miles.Green at al.com.au
Sat Jan 7 20:46:54 EST 2012

Hi,
 Does anyone have a nice solution for continuous fracturing of deforming objects?

I have an animated and deforming geo, moving much like a snake and I wish to have the  fracture area and subsequent pieces spread along the length of the snake and fall away

in my basic tests (using the Voronoi fracture Configure object and a metaball as the fracture locations ), I find  the moment a deforming object is fractured every piece even those outside the metaball region becomes a rigid chunk and no longer deforms.

I guess Ideally I want some sort of animated mask/group that passes over the object creating new RBD pieces while the unmasked area continues to deform and animate.

any help appreciated

Miles