[Sidefx-houdini-list] License through ssh tunnel?

jiversen jiversen at rhythm.com
Wed Jan 4 12:37:15 EST 2012

Can you do this in the $HIH/houdini/hserver.opt configuration file?

-------snip-----

#
# hserver can dis-allow requests from remote hosts.  This prevents
# unwanted hosts from rendering on your system or controlling your
# hserver.  The default masks are:
#    Read:    +.+.+.*
#    Write:    +.+.+.*
# The plus (+) sign is replaced with the digit of the local hosts IP
# address.  The asterix (*) will match any digit.  These can be
# changed.
#
# The write mask is checked for the following tasks:
#    1)  Shut-down of the server
#    2)  Starting a remote render
#    3)  Pausing/Resuming/Killing a render
#    4)  Changing the license server
# The read mask is checked before returning information about the
# state of hserver.
#
# Examples of masks are:
#    127.0.0.*