[Sidefx-houdini-list] License through ssh tunnel?

Mark Bolstad the.render.dude at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:38:53 EST 2012

I have a new floating license set up on a linux box. I'd like to use the
license on my macbook pro. Works fine when on the same subnet, but doesn't
work when I VPN in ( it looks like I'm on a different subnet). Using VPN I
get an error when I point the OSX server to the linux machine "server can't
serve licenses to this machine".

I tried tunnelling to the machine but didn't have any luck. As anyone
successfully been able to access a license server through an ssh tunnel?
FYI, I used dual tunnels on ports 1714 and 1715.

Mark