[Sidefx-houdini-list] Fluid Source Sop creating inverted levelsets

Vincent Fortin vfortin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 03:35:49 EST 2012

If you go in the Container Settings tab and switch between the different
modes, you'll notice that the volumes settings change. Source Smoke will
generate a simple volume, Source Flip will generate a SDF, whereas
Collision will generate an inverted SDF by automatically UNCHECKING the
invert option for you. Don't worry, you're a sane person in an insane world.
At least the documentation has 1 mention about it:
"Some fluid operations (such as collisions) expect negative border
conditions to work properly."
Now that it all makes sense, you can go and vop-negate the values inside
the volume and effectively reuse your SDF's for other things. As long as
you take care of the name bindings... but that's a different story I guess
:-)