[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera model

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Mon Dec 3 06:15:42 EST 2012

 > I think Colin's point is that you usually can't
> track distorted plates.

If by "track" you mean camera track, then actually in 3DEqualizer it's common to
camera track to distorted plates. It's got ways of figuring out the distortion
based on the way the tracked points motion is distorted as they move across the
plate. It's a great workflow as you can change the distortion parameters and
test a new camera track solution without having to go back and rewarp your
plate.

Of course, if by "track" you meant 3D roto, then I'd agree :)