[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK 2D center of Area/Gravity

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 17:25:07 EDT 2012

I have a set of points position X normalized 0-1 with Y vals also normalized 0-1.

Essentially making a curve.

I'm looking for any built in function to get me near or actually calculate the center or area (and the center of gravity would be beneficial as well but not as critical). I would think marshaling the data into a curve or spline or 2D shape would get me partially there, but after searching HDK docs didn't see any object i could toss the data into with the appropriate methods.  I'd imagine its buried somewhere and I haven't yet come across it.

Has any one else? or, Anyone have an idea how to do this with included objects/methods?
ideas welcome and thanks ahead as always...

-Dan S [eyevex] (|;-D>