[Sidefx-houdini-list] different color particle shower copies

jacob fisher jacobfshr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:27:09 EDT 2012

Hey,
I'm trying to create a series of particle showers to fall with each
Location source being a separate color.

Ideally, what I'd be able to do is create a ramp and then depending on how
many copies of the particle I use, they show up as a different color.  2
showers would take the extremes, 3 would split it, 4 would divide it into
thirds, etc.

however, I'm not sure the best way to do it.  right now, I have the POP
network running into a Copy and then that creates groups and goes to a
Color node, but I have to create a Color node for each group, and I'd like
to make it procedural.

Also, would I Merge it back together?  for whatever reason, when I'm doing
that currently, it's only taking the color of the top Color/Copy node.

Anyone have any suggestions?

This is H10 if it's different in newer versions.

Thanks.