[Sidefx-houdini-list] copies intersection

Nick van Zutphen nvanzutphen at live.com
Sat Aug 18 08:30:25 EDT 2012

I think you should sort the space that a template point has, before you copy objects onto it. Then store a 'available space' attribute on the template points which you can access at copy time.
I would build a simple point separator vopsop. Simply said, using a point cloud to get the direction to the closest neighbor point. Then move the current point a fraction of that distance in the opposite direction. This method is known for its flaws, but it might help you in this case. Use this in a for each sop to get iterations, 50 to a hundred iterations should give a reasonable result. How ever, it gets more complicated when you have a restricted area.

Cheers,
Nick, be Nimble
----
http://www.nicknimble.com