[Sidefx-houdini-list] open cl and quadro on h12

Jordan Halsey jordanhalsey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:51:27 EDT 2012

I am curious about what tweaking can be done in Houdini to maximize the
potential on the GPU as well.

I have a quadro 6000 at work on dual Zeons  and to tell the truth we are
all disappointed with the cards and their performance. I have always felt
like something is not quite right...the machines are made by Boxx and it
just does not make much sense to me with the quality of all the hardware.
We have tested it along side sli'd 580's and 670's in Touch Designer and
saw better performance on the lower end cards.

Initially the machine had two Quadro 6000's sli'd