[Sidefx-houdini-list] open cl and quadro on h12

Nick van Zutphen nvanzutphen at live.com
Thu Aug 16 05:34:29 EDT 2012

It depends, the computations on the gpu are limited to the VRAM on the videocard. Compared to your CPU and ram that is quite a limitation.
On my machine the 580gtx 3gb is 30% faster than when I compute a similar sim on the CPU. How ever due to the VRAM limitation I can't go beyond about 256x256 voxels on the GPU.

Cheers,
Nick