[Sidefx-houdini-list] alternatives to fan pop that don't fall off with distance from source?

Daniele Colajacomo dani at livingpicturesinc.com
Mon Aug 13 15:25:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

I want to apply a force exactly like the fan pop, except that the fan pop's strength diminishes with distance from the source point, while I want the force to be the same regardless of the distance (only related to the angle and the delta+rolloff, not how far the particle is from the fan source). The Maximum distance I figured was a distance roll-off, but instead it's just distance clipping - it does not alter the strenght, it only clips whether or not it's applied, which is weird, maybe a bug? - so I guess the fan pop doesn't work (would be nice to have a distance fall-off added as an option).

Any quick alternatives?

thanks,
dani