[Sidefx-houdini-list] get value from path

Alvaro Castaneda varomix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:22:21 EDT 2012

Hi guys
I'm trying to get the value of a file COP, but the path comes wrong

This is what the File parameter has:
*$HIP/../images/footage.$F4.png*

and this is what I get
*/production/client/project/campaingn/publish/hou/../images/footage.0089.png

*what I want is exactly what's there, with the $HIP and $F4 variables

I'm using node.parm('filename1').*eval()*
but that's what eval does, evals at current frame

so, how can I get THIS >> *$HIP/../images/footage.$F4.png*  ??

I'm rebuilding it by spliting and joining, please tell me there is a better
way :)

thanks

 *.:varomix:.*
MIX Studio