[Sidefx-houdini-list] Save hou.session.listX with hip file

Nick van Zutphen nvanzutphen at live.com
Mon Apr 9 04:18:41 EDT 2012

Ah! Now I understand, yep the pickle method of storing a dict as a string on the root node works perfectly and suits my needs :-D.
I was using pickle any way to store the data in a file, so thats not so much of a difference. I'll use cpickle for speed.

Being a little off topic, what exactly is JSON. I've noticed specific people, which I consider to be pretty smart ;-), being really exited that Houdini supports it. I understand I could use it for my current project as well, why should I, is it faster easier to use, other benefits?

Cheers,

Be Nick, be Nimble
----
http://www.nickvanzutphen.com/ngtl