[Sidefx-houdini-list] FLIP Question

eetu at undo.fi eetu at undo.fi
Sun Apr 8 05:52:53 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-06 23:19, Alvaro Castaneda wrote:
> Now in H12, how can I add per particle mass attributes?
>
> in POPs I do this all the time using something like rand($ID) and
> fitting
> that
> to a range.
>
> is there a way to do this for a FLIP fluid?

For setting per-particle attributes for FLIP fluids, I have a used a
SOP Solver DOP behind an Intermittent Solve DOP set to "Run Once".
I don't know if there's an easier way with just the regular sourcing
workflow, but at least this works :)

There's a .hip with this setup in this post:
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/8471-eetus-lab/page__pid__94209__st__96&#entry94209

eetu.