[Sidefx-houdini-list] HOW: FLIP fluid inherit emitter velocity

Jeff Wagner jeff at sidefx.com
Thu Apr 5 09:10:38 EDT 2012

H12 from the shelf set-up uses the new Fluid Source SOP set to FLIP
Source preset to construct the volume primitives which are then sourced
directly by the FLIP DOP sim without using POPs. All shelf set-ups avoid
POPs btw.

You need to feed in "v" velocity point attributes in to the Fluid Source
SOP and then ensure that the velocity volumes are being built with
actual vel data.  Use the visualization options on the Fluid Source SOP
to make sure you get the correct surface and vel volumes. Tweak as
necessary. I haven't done a sim in the last few weeks where I didn't
want to tweak the Fluid Source SOP to customize the emitter in some way.
Sometimes I want a solid emitter and not the default hollow emiter, etc.

-jeff