[Sidefx-houdini-list] HOW: FLIP fluid inherit emitter velocity

Michael Dunkley mdunkley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:28:04 EDT 2012

Haven't looked in 12, but in 11 the conversion is done in a sopnet
within the flip configure object.  The default input type, "surface
sop", runs the geo through a "points_from_volume" that doesn't
maintain attributes.  If you punch into the sop network that does this
conversion - dopnet/flipfluidobject/particlefluidconfigureobject/convert_to_particles
- you should be able to unlock the nodes and attribute transfer the
velocity back on - just pull the vel from "switch2" and apply it after
"points_from_volume1".

hth
-mike