[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Lens Distortion

zoran arizanovic zoran.arizanovic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:00:26 EDT 2011

Hi
I was following this and it is usual practice like the guys said
undistort plate do all the cg and put distortion back in comp
but the things interest me how to recreate renders like wall e for example
if you read here
http://www.awn.com/articles/production/hello-iwall-ei-pixar-reaches-stars/page/2%2C1
if you compare our camera node and its behavior it is ideal and indeed very
virtual model of a real world camera
I wonder how they calculated all dof and distortion and flare and bloom
this interests me a lot a I get slightly bored with supersharp superclean hd
everywhere
i like to see stuff like there will be blood and wall e image just seem to
have more life
also maxwell and indigo and simmilar "physical" renderers have this stuff
built in like film stocks and lenses
and results sometimes look amazing
any thoughts on how to squeeze this from mantra :)
nice weekend
Zoran

Zoran Arizanovic
vfx reel : http://vimeo.com/28605448